Care Tip Sheet
Bill Syms Bath Maintenance
9000 Vanalden St. #105 License # 824461
Northridge, CA 91324 Phone # 818-515-3731
To maintain the beauty of your reglazed bathtub;
1. Water after showering / bathing will evaporate during the day and will not
2. Leaking from the tub spout or shower head will over time stain and destroy
harm your new finish. If your tub puddles on bottom try to wipe up excess
water after use. Constant moisture will over time destroy the finish.
the finish. If you notice any leaking you should have it fixed immediately.
Your showerhead in a tub shower holds water in the riser and should be
drained after each use.
3. Do not rest any soap bottles, spray cans or wet clothes on the surface for long
periods of time.
1. Even though the tub does not look dirty, it should be cleaned at lease once a
2. DO USE liquid tub and tile cleaners. Most of the liquid cleaners found in
3. NEVER USE abrasive cleaners – such as Ajax or Comet on your tub. Even
week with a liquid cleaner.
your home improvement or grocery stores work fine. Most contain “acids”
which will not harm your new finish but may harm your fixtures. Test in a
small area first. I recommend using “Shower Patrol” which can be purchased
at Smart and Final, “Kaboom” which can be purchased at Bed Bath and
Beyond or “ZEP Shower Tub and Tile Cleaner” which can be purchased at
Home Depot. However Tilex, Big Orange and Simple Green work fine also.
You will find this surface cleans up with little effort.
Soft Scrub is mildly abrasive. These cleaners over time will make your tub
If you find your surface to be too slippery, you may use a bathmat. However it is very
important that it is not left in the tub for long periods of time. Water will collect under
the mat and not evaporate. This in time will destroy the finish.
REMOVE BATHTUB MAT AFTER EACH USE. DO NOT HANG MAT OVER THE
TUB. ROLL MAT UP AND PUT IT AWAY.
If you treat your new surface with respect, clean it regularly and keep your taps dry, your
fixture will stay shiny and bright for many years.